Saturday, April 21

I am a SEWER...

That's one who sews, not the place your toilet bowl empties into! hehe

Yup, its true. Thanks to Laura who told me about the sale at JoAnn Fabrics, I bought a sewing machine! And tonight I went to Wal-Mart and bought some cheap fabric and winged a tote bag, of my own design - a-thank-you, a-thank-you...

The one complaint I have is that I didn't have enough FABRIC (or MATERIAL, as Dorothy would say) to make long enough handles lol, so the handles are retardedly short, but that's ok. I have another one ready to finish I will just go grab a bit more FABRIC for longer handles on this next one. It's fully lined with matching FABRIC, and some stiff interfacing. I wanted it pretty strong, because I am making these for reusable grocery bags.

Here are some pics (low quality, taken with a camera phone).

Not bad for not having sewn in YEARS and having no pattern! :-) And yes, that IS Trey with the scissors in the background, what, like you don't let your kids run with scissors, too - WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: