Sunday, February 25

Sock Sadness

Why oh why do socks hate me so? I love knitting socks, and I have started countless socks, but they always look like crap, so I frog them. I wonder if I need to try a few pairs with the cheap RedHeart SportWeight Yarn that I use for all my trial and error projects because it seems like when I try to knit with the thin sock yarn the fabric ends up being loose and the hand feels like it wouldn't be comfortable on the foot. (HAHA play on words... I am one funny gal...)

I am currently making a toddler size sock just for the heck of it to see how it turns out and although it started with a funky cable on it, the kids/dog/unknown tore out part of it so the cable had to be frogged. Anyway, tomorrow its back to the sweater most likely, but I am a sad girl because my sock making sucks.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Yeah, it might be best to try a sock on a small scale befor emoving onto the really spectacular stuff. Good luck!

Marigold said...

I use woolease. It comes in worsted weight, so it's not a terribly teeny guage. Dun't use RedHeart - you won't want to wear them once.

Keppy Boone said...

I have some wool-ease but it seems HUGE compared to sock yarn. As for the RedHeart lol I don't really care if I wanna wear them, they are just practice, and besides I'll make them kids sized - my kids will wear anything hahaha. I might try some wool-ease though. thanks!