Thursday, September 25

Wow... What a difference a year makes....

Read this post from last year:

Sept. 20, 2007
I was doing some research online about speech delay, etc. and came across this:

4 YEARS: A four-year-old can follow two-step directions such as "close the book and give it to me". She also knows her first and last name, can answer reasoning questions such as, "What do we do when we're cold?", and can tell a short story such as, "two kids played ball." Sentences are usually 4 to 5 words long. By four a child is giving directions such as "put my shoes on" and asking many questions. A four-year-old understands 1500-2000 words and can use the following pronouns: he, she, you, me, I, mine.

This makes me sad... Trey is almost 4 and isn't anywhere near this. I knew it was bad, but living with him day to day sometimes makes a person forget how severe his delay is, you know?


And now?? He totally does all those things! I can't explain how much he has improved in the last year, its absolutely amazing!

No comments: