Tuesday, June 12

Recent Song Obsessions...

First of all, I heard a song from a local group (Hum.V) on the radio the other day, and it's pretty good: Simple Man. Maybe a little cheesy... but not bad.

My second song obsession lately is Plain White T's - "Hey There Delilah". It's a little different than songs I normally listen to, but it seems like there is a trend of groups coming out with songs that have this sort of sound - The Shins, Get Set Go (VERY funny group!!!), Aqualung, The All American Rejects... and many more.

And lastly -

NORMALLY I dislike anything with any ring of "country" to it, but something about this song... I can't help but love it. I love her voice - it's like k.d. lang, Janis Joplin, and Melissa Etheridge with a little Patsy Cline thrown in for good measure. Also, just when you are about to change the station because a rock channel is playing some country song, the guitars start - and the drums - and you can't help but be mesmerized... lol Enjoy!

(Oh, I forgot to mention, it's Brandi Carlile -"The Story")



All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
Yeah you do and I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth
Is hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what I've been through but you do
And I was made for you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I love that song! I gotta go find a copy of it now. Thank you for posting it!

Keppy Boone said...

I found it on iTunes...