Thursday, February 1

I hate Wal-Mart...

I don't know why I continue to go to Wal-Mart. We boycotted it for a long time and then they put one in right by us and its just too convenient now. *sigh* Anyway, I went tonight because I had to get art supplies for a book report project for tomorrow, some cheap yarn, and a prescription for Charles. Well, the idiot pharmacist didn't put our insurance information in the computers right and told me the insurance was not in effect. Once he figured out he was a moron (after 40min and 2 phone calls) and set things straight I was good to go - back to the frikkin' front of the store to wait in line for another 10min!

Anyway... I came home with some cheap RedHeart Sport yarn in black and red, and a Peaches & Cream cotton skein in "Fiesta Ombre". I really want to make about a dozen or so more dishcloths, but we'll see how long that takes. The red and black yarn is for the WCTP hat. I don't want to spent money on "good" yarn until I see how well I do with the pattern.

ALSO... I bought some dowels and made some homemade dpns. My kids lost my sizer but I estimate they are about a 10.5. They aren't quite finished yet (need more sharpening on the points and more waxing). And the dog already chewed on them lol - welcome to my life!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I made some needles too a while back. A few dpn's but also some straights. I just need to make some ends for them. Did you put anything on them to coat them? I used a plain white candle and then rubbed it in really well, it seemed to work ok.

Keppy Boone said...

I just put some wax paper on them so far, I really haven't done much to them yet, I ran out of time.