Friday, February 2

GRRRRRRRR

Well I finally cast on my WCTP hat. I'm done with the border but my circular was giving me fits at the joint so I bought a new one today at Hobby Lobby since they were half price. They only had ONE in the size I needed (Boye Balene) and it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I bring it home, move all 128 sts to the new circ and it BREAKS on the 2nd row!!!! I am so disgusted. I also didn't like the "perfect points" because I move my needles with my fingertips alot and my poor finger is soooo sore from it, even after only two rows. *sigh* Now I am just knitting the sts back onto the first circ, but I'm really wishing I had just went to the LYS and bought an Addi... I just might have to do that this weekend.

UPDATE: So I drove to the better Hobby Lobby in Greenwood and they had exactly what I was looking for - yay! The joints still suck but they will just have to do until I get the KnitPicks ones or an Addi I suppose. I did pick up Sydney a tiny little counted cross stitch project and also a little wooden loom. Then I had to swing by Meijer and they had some Lion Brand chunky yarn on clearance for $.50. I'm hoping she can make herself a scarf with it and her new loom.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I hear the knitpicks ones are really, really pointy. I am planning on getting some (sometime soon), so I guess we will see.

Keppy Boone said...

Yes, that's why I want them. The pics portray them as VERY pointy. The Boye Balene needles I had that broke were plastic and semi-flexible, but the points were sharp like a needle. I think the metal tips of the knitpicks would be easier on my fingers than the pointy, uneven, sharp plastic edge.