Monday, October 1

Gone all political...

I've NEVER cared about politics... Not in the least. I've only voted once in my life, in the 1994 election - when I turned 18.

BUT - after all the information I've come across in the last month, I'm becoming more and more interested in what is going on in the world around us. I've seen SiCKO, watched Zeitgeist, many MANY YouTube videos regarding the 2008 presidential candidates, read books about mercury in vaccines we give BY LAW to our kids and the effects (known and unknown) this is having on them, read about Autism and lack of funding for research. Also to come full circle from Autism to Michael Moore and healthcare - Autism, Asperger's Syndrom, ADD/ADHD, PDD-NOS and MANY other disorders are considered "pre-existing conditions" and you can't get coverage if you have it. Did you know that? I didn't...

And now with Bush trying to increase the military budget for the War in Iraq?? **sigh** I'm so disgusted with the government in this country...

"This is all a matter of priorities: the cost of Iraq, US$333 million a day. The cost of [National Healthcare], US$19 million a day," Representative Edward Kennedy said.source

Why?? Why do the people in government (who already get FREE "socialized" healthcare) seem to ignore the fact that there are things in THIS country that need to be taken care of before we go spending BILLIONS on another country's people? I don't understand that logic at all.

Here is an interesting article - go read it!
And here is an interesting video of Ron Paul - here is a great quote from this video about our involvement in Iraq (among other things):
What would we say if China was doing this here or in the Gulf of Mexico? We would be objecting! We need to look at what we do from the perspective of what would we do if someone were doing it to us?

(Oh, and don't think I'm 100% behind Ron Paul because I'm not... I disagree with a few of his stances on issues.)
You show me the candidate who will work for better (free?) healthcare, is pro-choice, supports gay marriage, willing to increase pay for police, willing to legalize medical marijuana, interested in pulling troops out of Iraq ASAP, open to the idea of releasing non-violent drug offenders from prison, willing to allocate more funds to education, interested in producing vehicles that run on alternate fuel sources, willing to put someone in charge of Katrina clean up/restoration that actually cares, cares about the environmental issues (global warming, pollution, potable water supply, etc), respects 2nd ammendment (but realizes that automatic weapons aren't necessary for normal population to own), has good ideas for immigration, and willing to cut tax breaks for companies that send jobs overseas, then that's the person I'll vote for! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh (snif, snif) my baby is growing up. hahahah
Dorothy

Keppy Boone said...

LOL!!!! Well, I will be 32 soon, so I figured it was about time to grow up just a little hehe