Thursday, October 11

Few More Songs for you to enjoy!

I can't help but share music that moves me because listening to these songs (and the others listed on the sidebar) have helped me through some rough spots and kept me going. Also - there is another reason - the music a person listens to says things about them. For instance, for anyone who knows the Wizard irl knows that you can't ever really KNOW the Wizard lol - don't even try, its impossible, can't be done haha... He really is the epitome of "the man behind the curtain"... (And I'm probably just like him, one big "riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma" as Winston Churchill would say) BUT - I can probably say the majority of the times we've really "RELATED" have been through music.

For instance, you may or may not know that the Wizard is a former Assembly of God pastor (yeah, yeah, I'm a PK and that explains it all...) So my earliest childhood memories involve Christian music, especially songs like this, this, this ("filet-o-mana!"), and even this... Then in college when my parents were dropping me off at college this made us all cry as we were saying our goodbyes, and this song I listened too over and over and over trying to understand what I wanted to do about college... lol

BUT - my dad and I have had many discussions about what he would label "secular" music - The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, The Beach Boys, even The Doors... (My dad knows good music even though he'd never admit it hehe)... Anyway, I say all that partially as a walk down memory lane for him, but also as an example of how music can tell you about a person and make for a common bond when its hard to find common ground sometimes. :-) I love ya, Wizard, even though we don't see eye to eye on most things anymore. Thanks for letting me be me - that means more than you'll ever know.

Also, that's why I post about music on here so much, cuz its little snapshots into who I was, who I am, and who I wanna be in the future... Lyrics are to me what Victorian poetry/literature was to repressed women in the 1800s - FREEDOM!
Take some time to listen to them all...
  1. Counting Crows - Colorblind
  2. Evanescence - My Immortal
  3. Collective Soul - The World I Know
  4. Simple Plan - Perfect
  5. Led Zeppelin - Tangerine
  6. Coldplay - The Scientist
  7. Nirvana - All Apologies
  8. Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence
  9. The Doors - People are Strange

No comments: