Friday, April 13

Upstairs Bathroom Update!!

Border is hung, stickers are stuck! The only thing left is to paint the trim. I think I'm going to paint the trim an orangish-gold. It must be more gold than orange though, because I've been traumatized by an orange bathroom from my childhood... [glares at my mom remembering the pumpkin, yes pumpkin bathroom in the house I was born in...plastic cushie toilet seat, and I swear she would have used orange toilet paper if they made it... shudder] :-)

It really does look cute up there, its like you are in the sea when you walk in. I'm pretty happy with the results. I still need to buy a shower curtain, and curtain rod, and maybe some cute things, but not many because the kids will just get stimulation overload from new stuff and tear it all up - babysteps... babysteps....

Oh, and the best part of the border and stickers????? I got them at the Dollar Tree!! So the grand total for 4 rolls of 10ft border and 2 sheets of matching jumbo stickers? Under $7! :-) Yay me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Dorothy's defense, it was a lovely pumpkin orange bathroom. We surchased for weeks for that color!! "Way back then" there was not a whole lot a places to mix colors, come to think of it no one would probably have mixed that color, huh Toto!! Anyway, Toto I be nice I DO HAVE A PIX OF YOU IN THAT BBATHROOM, just remember that. I could use that against you someday! heheheheh

Anonymous said...

I went up and saw all the painting on Monday, all is very beautiful. The pix are all hung and everything is so lovely. Toto, you have a lovely HOME. Moom

Keppy Boone said...

Liar! You saw it all on Sunday :-)
But I'm glad you liked it, I've been trying really hard to make it homey in here.