Tuesday, April 17

Movies

Let's see, mostly the TV is only showing 24 lately...

Happy Feet: wasn't nearly as good as I had expected it to be. Sydney had seen it twice, and my MIL had seen it like 3x or more, so I thought it would be much cuter than it was...

The Wicker Man (1973): Hmmm... idk what to say about this lol... I wasn't really impressed with this any more than I was the Nicolas Cage remake. It was supposed to be so much better. Meh, oh well.

Bobby: Surprisingly good! Definitely a conversation starter.

Blood Diamond: At first I wasn't really into this movie and Leo's accent was really irritating, but as it went on, I got sucked in. It wasn't the best movie ever, but worth renting.

Pursuit of Happyness: I have a love/hate relationship with this movie lol. I loved it because it was a "feel good" movie and it was based on a real dude, which is always nice... BUT it was really hard to look past the fact that Wil Smith was the actor playing this destitute single dad... I mean, every time he went into that shelter and thought about being poor, I couldn't help but think about how in real life he had NO CLUE about that life. But, putting all that aside, it was a good movie. :-)

Marie Antoinette: Loved it. I love anything with Kirsten Dunst. The costumes and cinematography were really nice in this movie, too.

Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj: Very funny, indeed. Maybe not QUITE as funny as the first Van Wilder, but quite funny.

The Quiet: Different.

And over Sydney's spring break Charles and I were able to go to the movies TWICE!!! We watched 300 which was awesome, way better than I had expected. We also saw Premontion which I really liked. I had read some reviews about how horrible it was, so I wasn't expecting much. You really have to pay attention to not get lost, though.

I know we've watched more, but I just can't remember right now. After House is over I'll watch some trailers and see what is coming out that you all need to know about hahahah!

No comments: