Sunday, March 25

Very bad news

My MIL called last night to tell us that her nephew's daughter was in the hospital in a medically induced coma because she was having severe pain in her legs. They were having to keep her under because the pain was so horrific when she was conscious and there was no clue what was wrong with her. At first they said there was no way to get an MRI until Monday morning, but they were able to get one first thing this morning. And the diagnosis is cancer. We are unsure yet exactly what kind or what stage or anything like that and we are not likely to get accurate info because by the time we get the information it will be like fourth hand or something, but supposedly the prognosis is very good for this specific kind of cancer and they caught it very early. Apparently the cancer is in the bone, but again, that's about fourth-hand info, so we really don't know for sure. We aren't very close to this couple and their family anymore since we moved and they moved, but when we all lived in the same city back in the day, the little girl's mom used to have a daycare and watched Sydney and the two girls were good buddies. They are still friends online as they play their Webkinz together alot. :-( They have a relatively large family (they have five kids) so she will have lots of support in her battle.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through this right now. I'll keep her in my prayers and if you don't mind I could ask for prayers for her at church next Sunday.

Keppy Boone said...

That would be fine. Her name is Curtny (not Courtney) and she is in Ohio.

Jen said...

She's on my prayer list.

And in case I haven't commented on this before, I really like your blog. Mind if I add a link to you?

Keppy Boone said...

Absolutely, you can link to me. :-) I love keeping this blog but I'm always surprised when people say they like it haha. It seems like it wouldn't be very entertaining hehehe...

Jen said...

Trust me, it's good. My kids even read it sometimes. LOL