Saturday, March 17

Crochet Bug/Movies

I seem to have caught the Crochet Bug. Now, before all you die-hard knitters get on me about this hear me out. First and foremost, I am a knitter. Period. LOL! Secondly, most crochet items seem WAAAY to "crafty" looking for my taste. However, I have found a few things that I really really like. For instance, crocheted bedspreads and table runners - very nice. Also SOME afghans, but not all. Dishcloths - loves it! hehehe

So I pulled out an old pamphlet I bought AGES ago and started tinkering around with some stitches. Until today I've never been able to even get a "SC" to look right. Now it seems like everything is sort of clicking in my head. I have made 2 squares for an afghan that will probably never get finished, but that doesn't matter, I'm having fun and that's all that matters. :-) Yes, I realize the blue square is a little funky shaped but I'm not frogging it hahaha!




As for movies we've watched this weekend, what a disappointment! First, we watched The Constant Gardner. Well, I wasn't thrilled with it but it wasn't horrible. Then today we watched Bee Season and it was on the verge of horrible. Maybe I just didn't "get it" but I hated it. LOL Right now we are watching The Cider House Rules. I've tried to watch this a few times in the past but always have been interrupted, so we'll see if I get to finish it this time...

No comments: